Kaylene Johnson is a professional writer who lives in Palmer, Alaska. Her books include
- People, Paths, and Places: The Frontier History of Moose Pass (edited);
- Our Perfect Wild: Ray and Barbara Bane’s Journeys and the Fate of the Far North;
- Canyons and Ice: The Wilderness Travels of Dick Griffith;
- A Tender Distance: Adventures Raising My Sons in Alaska;
- Trails Across Time: History of an Alaska Mountain Corridor;
- Portrait of the Alaska Railroad.
Her award-winning essays and articles have appeared in The Louisville Review; Alaska magazine, the Los Angeles Times, Spirit magazine, and other publications. She holds a BA from Vermont College and an MFA in Writing from Spalding University in Louisville, Kentucky.